Monday, March 9, 2009

A Nature Walk

Okay, so it’s been awhile since I last contributed. Spending more time in the woods taking photos means less time writing about them… Here are a few shots from the walk I took the Sunday before last:


Trees begin to bud much earlier than most expect. This young tree has obviously been budding for quite some time already.


There is a lovely gazebo along the lake path between the two shores here at Sky Lake. I happened to look up and see this wasp nest. I actually used my flash (something which I do not always care to do.) Learning about exposure was very usefully in getting this shot.


One of my favorite spots at Sky Lake is the Lakeside Tryst. I have a lot of great memories of spending time at this location as a camper. Apparently one of our resident Pileated Woodpeckers likes visiting this spot too!

No comments: