Friday, January 2, 2009

An Encounter with Royalty



I feel so honored to have been invited to join this blog. I am looking forward to sharing some of my photographic pursuits and to improving my skills as I do so. Here goes my first contribution.

While visiting family in Idaho last spring, I was inspired by my sister to get into birding. Living along a black bear visiting route, I thought it best to wait until winter had settled in before I put up any feeders. So, about a month ago I finally hung a new window feeder on the sliding door of my sun room. It took a couple weeks, but the first Black-capped Chickadees finally discovered it. It didn’t take me long to discover that I could get some close shots of my feathered visitors. This is one of my favorite shots so far. I have titled it, His Royal Highness Black-capped Chickadee VIII, King of Feeder.

No comments: