Wednesday, June 10, 2009

365:157 - Ordination



I cannot even tell you how angry I was at my camera on Saturday evening. It would NOT take pictures when I wanted to, and it was one of those occasions when I really wanted to capture some good images. I have some images, but not necessarily the ones I intended.

Saturday was the church service where two of our friends (and three other people) were ordained as elders in the United Methodist Church. It was a wonderful experience to see the people stand up in support of their ministry and to know that their hard work has paid off and to see the bishop put the stoles around their necks. Each of them is a strong person, a respected leader, and a servant of God.

As the procession moves into the church in this shot, they are the two closest to the camera.

edited with Picnik

No comments: